A few tips to build that healthier family relationship.
- Be Consistent. There is nothing worse than sending mixed signals to your children.
- The organisation is detrimental to you as a parent. Plan your family days out or days in but involve the children to give them a sense of inclusion and responsibilities.
- Get your children involved in household contributions.
- Your children want time and attention. Make this for them.
- Ensure you have a snack ready for when you’re doing pick-ups from school. They may not want a hug, but they want a snack, avoiding them being extra ratty.
- Stay calm, take deep breaths and count to 10 if need be. Try not to react in the moment but give yourself and your child time to work things out.